torsdag den 30. august 2007

Tax Tricks

I'm amazed at the publicity the EU nations use to make it appear as though we're doing something illegal or unpatriotic by buying goods outside our national borders. Yet again, I encountered more people today who thought it was illegal to buy British books from Britain or that extra Danish taxes would be payable. This simply is not true!

As far as I'm concerned, the EU was sold to us as a Free Trade with No Borders association, and if they stuck to that I'm sure you'd find a lot more people enthusiastic about it than currently are.

I say to everyone out there...make the rules work for you. It is legal to buy from any EU supplier willing to sell an item to you, with no further taxes payable, so do it. It's the best way we'll ever get harmonisation and integration across Europe.

Ingen kommentarer: